Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions (‘booking conditions’) form the basis of your contract with Karwan Al Madinah Tour Operators Ltd. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as accepting our booking confirmations we assume you have read and agreed with the following terms and conditions.
In these booking conditions, “you”, “Customer” and “your” means all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date) or any of them, as the context requires and “lead name” means the person who makes the booking. “We”, “us” and “our” means Karwan Al Madinah Tour Operators Ltd.
By accepting our booking, the lead person on the booking agrees on behalf of all persons linked to the booking that:
He/She is over the age of 18, has read the following booking conditions and agreed.
Basis of contract
- An agreement is made when the Customer accepts the quotation, pays the agreed deposit in cleared funds and the Supplier issues written acceptance of the offer and confirmation of your booking. The Contract shall come into existence on the date that the Supplier issues the written acceptance and confirmation of the booking. The Supplier reserves the right to return the Customer’s deposit at their absolute discretion.
- We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any passenger bookings at any time, in the unlikely event that there be any dispute prior to departure.
- Any samples, drawings, descriptive matter or advertising issued by the Supplier, and any descriptions or illustrations contained in the Supplier’s catalogues or brochures, are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Services described in them. They shall not form part of the Contract or have any contractual force.
- These Conditions apply to the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms that the Customer seeks to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- Any quotation given by the Supplier shall not constitute an offer.
- The Customer shall:
- co-operate with the Supplier in all matters relating to the Services;
- provide the Supplier with such information and materials as the Supplier may reasonably require in order to supply the Services, and ensure that such information is accurate in all material respects;
- If the Supplier’s performance of any of its obligations under the Contract is prevented or delayed by any act or omission by the Customer or failure by the Customer to perform any relevant obligation (Customer Default):
- the Supplier shall without limiting its other rights or remedies have the right to suspend performance of the Services until the Customer remedies the Customer Default, and to rely on the Customer Default to relieve it from the performance of any of its obligations to the extent the Customer Default prevents or delays the Supplier’s performance of any of its obligations;
- the Supplier shall not be liable for any costs or losses sustained or incurred by the Customer arising directly or indirectly from the Supplier’s failure or delay to perform any of its obligations as set out in this clause 2.2; and
- the Customer shall reimburse the Supplier on written demand for any costs or losses sustained or incurred by the Supplier arising directly or indirectly from the Customer Default.
- The Customer shall:
Charges and payment
- The price quoted for Umrah will be guaranteed once the hotel and air fair have been confirmed.
- This price is valid until the ticket or hotel time limit expires (which ever one comes first).
- Require deposit (£500 non refundable) upon confirmation of booking prior to 14-calendar day’s time for payment shall be of the essence of the Contract.
- Full payment 14-calendar day’s prior to departure for Umrah in full and in cleared funds to a bank account nominated in writing by the Supplier
- The price quoted for Hajj can be found on our website or brochures. The price is guaranteed unless see clause 3.9.
- The supplier reserves the right to change these prices at anytime in their absolute discretion.
- Require deposit (50% of the package cost) upon confirmation of booking prior to 30-calendar day’s time for payment shall be of the essence of the Contract.
- Full payment 30-calendar day’s prior to departure for Hajj in full and in cleared funds to a bank account nominated in writing by the Supplier
- The Customer shall pay all amounts due under the Contract in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding (except for any deduction or withholding required by law). The Supplier may at any time, without limiting its other rights or remedies, set off any amount owing to it by the Customer against any amount payable by the Supplier to the Customer.
- If payment not received by due date, we reserve right to cancel the booking.
- We endeavour to ensure that all the information and prices both on our website and in our brochures are accurate; however occasionally changes and errors occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances. You must check the current price and all other details relating to the arrangements that you wish to book before your booking is confirmed.
- The price quoted for Umrah will be guaranteed once the hotel and air fair have been confirmed.
Financial Protractions – ATOL
- When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
- We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
- If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
- Adequate travel insurance is a condition of your contract with us. You must be satisfied that your insurance fully covers all your personal requirements including cancellation charges, medical expenses and repatriation in the event of accident or illness. Where you have booked a Hajj or Umrah package with us, you must ensure your travel insurance covers you for this. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
- If you or anyone on your holiday booking decides to cancel the Hajj, Umrah Package or an airline ticket, the lead name must notify us of the decision as soon as possible. Any notification by telephone must also be confirmed in writing or by e-mail within 24-hours by the lead name. Cancellation will take effect from the day we are notified provided that written confirmation is received by us within 24-hours of the original notification.
- If war, riots, civil commotion, strikes, disasters, terrorist act, events of nature, act of God, technical problems with transportation or other events outside the control of the Company bring about cancellation or change by the Company, the Company shall not be held responsible in any way.
- A cancellation invoice will be sent to you within 7 days, if you do not receive this please contact us immediately in order to prevent an increase in charges. Should you already be in receipt of your airline tickets or any other materials, which make up your booking, please also return these to us along with your cancellation request.
- If your Umrah visa MOFA request has been applied for you will be charged £95 plus any cancellation charges. If you travel for Umrah in the same season from the date of travel, as per the new regulations by the Ministry of Haj you will also be charged an additional 2000 SAR (Saudi Riyals).
- If you cancel you Umrah trip within 14-calendar days of travel, you will be charged the full cost of your package. If cancelling before the 14-calendar days of travel you will be charged the £500 non-refundable deposit plus any charges incurred by the hotel or the airline and the Visa MOFA application charge (Clause 6.3).
- If you cancel you Hajj trip within 45-calendar days to travel you will be charged your 50% deposit and if you cancel within 30-calendar days to travel we have the right to charge you for your full package.
- The supplier reserves the right to amend these charges at anytime in their absolute discretion.
- This Agreement or any contract between the client and the company will fall under English law and Jurisdiction for the arrangement of the travel and accommodation. Issues within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will fall under the Saudi Law and Jurisdiction between the client and the service provider in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
loss or damage to property
- All personal baggage, including personal articles, medicines, mobiles phones and any other items the client has with them are at all times and under all circumstances at “owners risk”. No responsibility is accepted by the Company for the Client’s failure to carry passports, visas or other documents required for the purpose of the journey.
Flight delays or cancellation
- We are unable to accept liability for any flight delays (for any reason Weather, industrial action or any other reason) or cancellation of the flight to or from Saudi Arabia if the operator fails or is unable to fill their obligation of their part of the contract. We will assist the operator in finding alternative aircraft, but this will be on best endeavours. It is essential that you have sufficient travel insurance to cover this remote eventuality.
- It is your responsibility to check with the airline for any delays or cancellations prior to departure.
- If your flight has been delayed or cancelled please inform us as will need to inform our team in Saudi Arabia of these changes. If we are not made aware there maybe additional charges applied for the airport pick up in Saudi Arabia.
- We provide you with the best information and the hotel of your choice. If you are unhappy with the service received it is your responsibility to take it out with the hotel management.
- We will not be held responsible for any incontinence caused by the hotel although if you inform us we will do our best to get the matter sorted or arrange alternative accommodation.
- Please note if we book alternative accommodation an additional charge maybe payable by you.
- It is your responsibility to do your research on the hotels you have chosen to form part of your package. We will inform you best we can and any images shown by us serve to give a general impression of the hotel. The facilities may be slightly different from these examples.
- For any reason should you be dissatisfied with the services that you have received from Karwan Al Madinah Tour Operators Ltd. We require you to notify us in writing within 7 days after returning from your trip, any communications outside this time line may make any redress difficult.
- Once a complaint has been received a formal complaints procedure will commence and in it important to stick with the time limits stated.
- All complaints should be sent to in writing to Karwan Al Madinah Tour Operators Ltd, 266 Gibbet Street, Halifax, HX1 4LT.
- You must behave at all times in line with local customs and abide by the laws of the host country. You are responsible for your actions; we will not be able to assist you if you knowingly or not knowingly violate local custom. Your only support will come from the British Embassy or your travel insurance provider.
- As is the nature of hajj & umrah and with the vast number of pilgrims, there is a higher probability of viruses and airborne deceases, it is therefore your personal responsibility of your well-being at all time, the company cannot be held responsible for any personal accidents, illness, and death during your travel and during the pilgrim, or any medical reason. We strongly advise you have suitable travel insurance cover for your journey and stay.
- For Health & Safety in the KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia), local rules and compliance will supersede any standard represented or relied upon in the UK.
- The Company makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to flights for Hajj & Umrah packages including not enough time to perform 40 Salah in Madinah. All hotels star rating are according to Saudi Arabian standard and some hotels rooms may change from 2 to 3, 3 to 4, 4 to 5 to 5 to 6 peoples. During Hajj & Umrah journey the unexpected is often the norm. Despite very careful planning and organisation the hajj journey can never be taken for granted like a normal holiday expected in the UK. The Pilgrim we wish it to be pleasant for a once in a lifetime experience, however the vast number of people from across the globe with a varied life style may have an impact on your pilgrim, unfortunately the company cannot be held responsible for this experience.
- The provision of the service offered by the company is in good faith and best endeavors to meet your standard however, we, our agents or their sub agents cannot be held responsible for any short comings outside the company’s control against your expectations of the pilgrimage. No express or implied, is made by us or by any person as to its accuracy, completeness or fairness and it should not be relied on as such. Any opinions and estimates expressed reflect our judgment at this date and are subject to change without notice.
- In the KSA the Saudi government has the sole responsibility for the movement of Hajj pilgrims between Jeddah, Makkah, Mina, Araft, Muzdalifah, Madinah or any other point of pilgrim in the KSA (All your costs have been covered by the Hajj Draft). Our Local Agent has no control what so ever over the transportation, this includes and is not limited to, timing, quality of the transport, duration of the journey and the facilities on the transport. Our local agent will assist where possible but this element of the pilgrimage is outside of our control and we cannot be held responsible in any shape or form.
- The KSA has the sole responsibility of Tents in Mina & Arafat, our local agent will assist where possible; The Company cannot be held responsible for the quality or services at these points in the pilgrimage.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in the Contract shall limit or exclude the Supplier’s liability for: